I love the weather during the fall. I am always very eagerly awaiting that first cold snap so I can make chili. I know, you can have chili whenever you want, but I prefer it when it’s cool outside. My family really enjoys a good chili even when it has a unique twist. This Pumpkin Chili combines 2 favorite fall flavors and makes for a delicious warm meal.
Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili
Recipe Type: Entree
This unique chili is sure to please.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can seasoned black beans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion. Continue to cook until ground turkey is crumbly and no longer pink, and then drain and discard any fat.
- Transfer cooked turkey and onions to a slow cooker and stir in all remaining ingredients. Set crock pot to the low heat setting. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
I’ve never had pumpkin chili but it looks delicious! What a great way to add some extra vegetables to a classic comfort food dish.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome says
This chili not only looks fantastic, it sound so rich and delicious! Would love to have you share it at the What’s for Dinner link up! http://www.lazygastronome.com/whats-dinner-sunday-link-80/