Have you been strawberry picking yet this year? I have seen several of my friends making trips to the pick-your-own farms, and I am considering a trip with my kids. I know they would love it, and strawberries freeze quite well. Even if you can’t make it to pick your own, strawberries are on sale at a great price this time of the year. This dessert is a really easy and delicious way to use those delicious berries.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 qt of Strawberries hauled and sliced
- 1 cup of cranberries
- 1 1/2cup of sugar
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- 1 cup of milk
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.
- On stove top Melt 1 stick of butter.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 c. self rising flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk.
- Stir till batter is smooth. Pour batter in the skillet. Add Strawberries to the top. Do not stir.
- The crust rises to the top as the cobbler bakes. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Lee MacArthur says
I wonder if a pie filling would work with this or even canned berries? It looks good.
I bet that would work great! -Holly
This looks so good. Once strawberry season starts around here we are always looking for ways to make strawberry goodies, we will have to give this one a try. Sharing with my followers. Thanks for linking up with Inspire Me Monday. Have a blessed week!!
Strawberries are my favorite fruit and I can’t wait for strawberry season to start! Thanks for linking up with Merry Monday!
CJ Huang says
I’m loving this recipe! I just got some super huge and sweet strawberries, and this looks so delicious. 🙂 In fact, it was voted most popular on Inspire Me Monday, so you’re featured this week! Congrats! 🙂
Cynthia Rusincovitch says
I would have never thought to attempt anything like this in a skillet! It looks delicious! Thanks for linking up with Delicious Dishes Recipe Party!
What do you do with the c of cranberries?