Pretty Paint Chip Calendar
Paint chip samples are great for so many crafting needs. Take a look below at how we used a few to create a fun dry erase calendar perfect for keeping your organized. With just $1 in supplies and a few paint chips, you can do the same!
- 5-7 paint chip strips
- Dry Erase Marker
- Tape or glue
You can find paint chips at your local retail that sells paint. Just grab 5-7 of various colors. You can create a pattern if you wish or just get a rainbow selection as we did.
We created a M-F frame, using 5 paint chips. Feel free to grab a larger frame and two additional strips if you wish to add the weekend to yours. We used a frame from our local dollar store and a dry erase marker we had on hand, making this project a whole $1 to complete.
1. Begin by removing the back of the picture frame. Set aside.
2. Cut your paint chips to fit. For our frame, we had to cut off one square on each.
3. On the frame backing, apply your strips nice and evenly. We added a little tape to the back of our strips to hold them in place. Just line them up next to each other.
4. Return the backing to the frame. Secure it in place.
5. Use your dry erase marker to write directly on the glass. You can write the days of the week as we did, then use the marker to fill in tasks for each day. When done, you can just take a damp cloth and wipe away any notes to start over!
This pretty paint chip calendar is a great way to stay organized for just pennies. Gather your supplies and try crafting your own!
This is such a clever, colourful and easy project. I love the idea of using a dry erase maker so you can use the same calendar over and over – much kinder to the environment. Thanks for sharing.
Such a cute and clever way to make a pretty calendar! Thanks for sharing!
Ducks n a Row says
What a genius idea!
Cassie @ Little Red Window says
What a fun idea and so easy to customize colors to match your home! Thanks for sharing with us at The DIY Collective Link Party, hope you come back again next week! xo!
Mother of 3 says
So colorful and pretty!
I love this. It’s gorgeous and very creative. I plan to make this.
cute idea! definitely gonna try this out