I love vinegar! It’s one of my favorite household items & something that I always keep in stock.Â There are so many things you can do with vinegar.
There was a wonderful coupon in yesterday’s paper that you can use to get some great deals on vinegar.Â The smaller bottles are usually less than $2 so use the coupon for $1/1 from yesterday’s paper to get a great deal.
Here are my 5 favorite uses for vinegar.
You can cook some delicious dishes & sauces using vinegar.Â Here are 2 of my favorites:
- My grandmother’s Sweet & Sour Macaroni Salad:
- Combine 1 Cup of Cooked Macaroni, 1 Cup of Sugar, 1 Cup of Vinegar, 1 Cup of Mayo, 1 purple onion chopped, & 1 bell pepper chopped
- Stir well to combine
- Refrigerate, Serve cold…This is soooo good!
- The Pioneer Woman’s Barbecue Sauce (She puts it on meatballs which is delish, but you can use it for anything).
You can use vinegar for cleaning
- A spray bottle filled with Vinegar, Water, & a little of your favorite Essential oil works great on windows & other hard surfaces.
- This is an awesome non-toxic cleaner for toys.
- I use Orange Oil, but there are many other possibilities.Â Tea Tree oil is also a great addition for it’s disinfectant quality.Â (it’s a little strong smelling though:)
- Here’s a great guide from Dollar Stretcher on the different uses for Essential Oils.
Use Vinegar as a laundry booster
- Add a cup of vinegar to a load of laundry in addition to your regular detergent for a booster.Â I used to add it to my cloth diapers & it makes them smell great.
- Have you ever left a load in the washer a little too long? Add a cup of vinegar & run it through again for fresh smelling laundry.
Vinegar is a great washer & dishwasher rinse
- Run vinegar through a cycle in your empty washing machine to get rid of the residue left from detergent.
- You can also apply the same concept to your dishwasher.
Thrill your kids with this project – Make a rocket!
- I just showed this video to my boys & well I know what we’ll be doing this afternoon!Â Check it out!
Don’t forget your Coupons
You can get a coupon here for $.50 off any 1 bottle of Heinz Vinegar.
Go here to get a coupon for $.50/2 bottles of Heinz Vinegar.
Do you use vinegar inÂ your house?Â Have any favorite recipes or other uses for vinegar?Â I’d love to hear about it.Â Leave them in the comments!
I love vinegar…tastes great (homemade pickles!) and cleans well. I use it watered down in my kitchen as a cleaner, and throw it in the toilet after baking soda to clean. Also started throwing a cup in my laundry…helps it not be so stiff when I hang it to dry!
Angelica C says
Use a cap-full or two of vinegar when you hand wash plastic ware! My sweet sister brings home stinky plastic from her locker at work and the vinegar helps eliminate the smell and any greasiness! 😀