I love the convenience of having a freezer full of meals for those busy days. However, my schedule right now just doesn’t include time to spend a full day or 2 of nothing but cooking. I still want to take advantage of the stock up sales and the abundance of beautiful produce in Alabama right now so I plan to do a modified version of freezer cooking than what I’m used to.
I will choose 1-2 things per week and prepare it to add to my freezer. I would love it if any of you joined along!
Last Week we cooked up some Chicken for the Freezer. You can read more about Freezer Cooking Boneless Skinless Chicken here.
This week we’re going to fix some breakfast to have on hand for those busy mornings. Be sure to take advantage of the fresh blueberries that are in season and low priced right now for these meals. One of my absolute favorite breakfasts includes blueberry pancakes!
Freezer Cooking This Week: Breakfast
Freezer Breakfast Burritos Recipe
There are several different ways you can make them. I like to make them with just some Sausage, Eggs, Onions, Peppers, and Cheese.
- First you cook up the Sausage(or other meat preferred, if any). To save time you can sautee the veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.) with the sausage.
- Cook the eggs in another or the same skillet.
- Stir all cooked ingredients together.
- Spoon 2-3 Tbsp of mix in center of tortilla.
- Sprinkle Cheese on top
- Roll up Burrito
- Lay Burritos on a cookie sheet and flash freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Place Burritos side by side in Freezer Bags and freeze
- To warm, place in microwave for 1 minute. Note, If you have time they are best if you let them thaw and heat them in the oven on 375 for about 8 minutes.
Freezer Pancakes or Waffles
I like to make this recipe for Food Allergy Safe Freezer Waffles. These are so good, and you can use the same Freezer Waffle Instructions here to make them using any waffle recipe you’d like. If you don’t want to make waffles you can use the same batter and freezing process to make freezer pancakes.
Add your blueberries at the end to make these Blueberry Waffles or Pancakes.
Doesn’t sound good to you? That’s ok, here are some more ideas for Freezer Cooking Breakfast Recipes:
Next Week’s Freezer Cooking Head’s Up:
Next week I will be using Boston Butt Pork Roast and cooking up some barbecue.