I love the convenience of having a freezer full of meals for those busy days.Â However, my schedule right now just doesn’t include time to spend a full day or 2 of nothing but cooking.Â I still want to take advantage of the stock up sales and the abundance of beautiful produce in Alabama right now so I plan to do a modified version of freezer cooking than what I’m used to.
I will choose 1-2 things per week and prepare it to add to my freezer.Â I would love it if any of you joined along!
Last Week we cooked up some black beans for the freezer.Â You can read more about Freezer Cooking Black Beans here.
Freezer Cooking This Week: Boneless Skinless Chicken
I decided to pre-cook some chicken for lettuce wraps.Â They are one of our most favorite things to eat.Â You can use this chicken in a stir fry and it is also totally delicious.
- I used my recipe here for Asian Lettuce Wraps with a couple of modifications for freezing.
- 1st – Chop the Onions very small.
- 2nd – Chop up the chicken into smallish pieces
- 3rd – Mix all the other ingredients (except lettuce) into a bowl.
- 4th – Stir all together, and pour into freezer bag – freeze.
- When you get ready to cook it just take it out in the morning and stir fry it up once it’s thawed.
- You can add some fresh broccoli, almonds, water chestnuts, or anything else that sounds good.
- Serve over lettuce or rice or noodles.
Doesn’t sound good to you?Â That’s ok, here are some more ideas for Freezer Cooking Boneless Skinless Chicken Recipes:
Next Week’s Freezer Cooking Head’s Up:
Next week I will be using Blueberries and cooking up some breakfast.