If you’ve been following my blog since the AL.com days you might have seen some of my freezer cooking experiences like this one and this one.Â I also did some Freezer Cooking here.
I love the convenience of having a freezer full of meals for those busy days.Â However, my schedule right now just doesn’t include time to spend a full day or 2 of nothing but cooking.Â I still want to take advantage of the stock up sales and the abundance of beautiful produce in Alabama right now so I plan to do a modified version of freezer cooking than what I’m used to.
I will choose 1-2 things per week and prepare it to add to my freezer.Â I would love it if any of you joined along!
Freezer Cooking This Week: Black Beans
- I grabbed a 2 lb bag of black beans at Publix for around $1.59.
- Cook it acccording to the directions on the bag.
- Don’t forget to soak them.Â If you didn’t do it overnight you can always use the quick soak method on the bag.
- Once they’re done let them cool.
- Fill 6 Freezer bags with 2 Cups each
- Each bag is worth 1 can of black beans so you’ll have the equivalent of 6 cans of black beans for only $1.59!
Black Beans Recipes:
Seven Layer Southwestern Salad
Next Week’s Freezer Cooking Head’s Up:
Next week I will be cooking Chicken for the freezer.Â Both Publix and Winn Dixie have whole chickens on sale for $1.19/lb.Â Grab 2-4 of them if you’d like to join me!
Great idea. I do the same, small freezer cooking days (or nights) I made chicken stock earlier this week. I’ve got 7 two cup containers of it frozen now. Very handy.
When will you be posting the chicken meals that you recommended us buying chicken to follow along with?
So sorry I’m behind on this. My store was out of the chicken that was on sale & I had to grab a raincheck. I will be posting this soon!