I love the convenience of having a freezer full of meals for those busy days.Â However, my schedule right now just doesn’t include time to spend a full day or 2 of nothing but cooking.Â I still want to take advantage of the stock up sales and the abundance of beautiful produce in Alabama right now so I plan to do a modified version of freezer cooking than what I’m used to.
I will choose 1-2 things per week and prepare it to add to my freezer.Â I would love it if any of you joined along!
Freezer Cooking This Week: Black Beans
- I grabbed a 2 lb bag of black beans at Publix for around $1.59.
- Cook it acccording to the directions on the bag.
- Don’t forget to soak them.Â If you didn’t do it overnight you can always use the quick soak method on the bag.
- Once they’re done let them cool.
- Fill 6 Freezer bags with 2 Cups each
- Each bag is worth 1 can of black beans so you’ll have the equivalent of 6 cans of black beans for only $1.59!
Black Beans Recipes:
Next Week’s Freezer Cooking Head’s Up:
Next week I will be cooking Chicken for the freezer.Â Both Publix and Winn Dixie have whole chickens on sale for $1.19/lb.Â Grab 2-4 of them if you’d like to join me!