I love the convenience of having a freezer full of meals for those busy days.Â However, my schedule right now just doesn’t include time to spend a full day or 2 of nothing but cooking.Â I still want to take advantage of the stock up sales and the abundance of beautiful produce in Alabama right now so I plan to do a modified version of freezer cooking than what I’m used to.
I will choose 1-2 things per week and prepare it to add to my freezer.Â I would love it if any of you joined along!
It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve done any freezer cooking due to vacationing and holiday, but I’m ready to jump back in there.
This week we’re going to fix some barbecue to have on hand for those busy evenings.Â Be sure to take advantage of the low prices on Boston Butt Pork Roast right now.
Freezer Cooking This Week: Pulled Pork
Freezer Pulled Pork Barbecue
This is one of the easiest things you can make for the freezer, especially if you have a crockpot or 2!Â I make these the same way each time, and they are just as good out of the freezer as they are if you eat them right away.
- First you take the roast from the package and set it on a large cookie sheet or pan.Â You can do more than 1 at a time, just multiply everything by 2.
- Mix up your rub in a separate bowl.Â Note:Â This is a VERY IMPORTANT step.Â The rub gives it an amazing flavor so try not to skip this step.Â You can find my Barbecue Pork Rub Recipe here.
- Coat the roast with the rub.Â It’s a bit messy, but you’ll need to use your hands here to pack it on.
- Place the roast in a Crock Pot and cook on high for about 4 hours.
- Once it’s done just shred it, add barbecue sauce to taste and place into freezer bags in meal sized portions.
- For my family of 8 I can usually get a meal out of a half of a roast so, for us, one roast will make 2 meals & fill 2 gallon bags.
You can use this meat in a variety of ways such as Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Barbecue Salad or Barbecue Potatoes.
Next Week’s Freezer Cooking Head’s Up:
Next week I will be using Cherries and cooking up something yummy.Â I haven’t decided what we’ll be cooking yet, but be sure to come back next week to find out.