DIY Apple Pie Play Dough
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- Red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons of apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Heat the water in a microwave safe dish for 2-3 minutes or until it is boiling.
2. Combine your ingredients, with the exception of the food coloring, in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Continue to mix well until a paste forms. If the paste still seems sticky or runny, you can sprinkle in a little flour until the desire consistency is created.
4. Your dough can now be colored. Add a few drops of red food coloring to the dough. Continue kneading until the color is distributed. If you want to leave a white swirl throughout the dough, don’t over knead.
5. You can now sprinkle in additional apple pie spice if you want the dough to have a stronger smell. Otherwise, it is now ready to be played with.
This apple pie play dough can be stored in an air tight container or zip lock bag where it will keep for weeks.