Are you looking for something fun to create with the kiddos this week? This would make a really fun homemade gift for cousins and friends. Once you’re done creating this adorable mix have them use cookie cutters to make some really fun Christmas shapes! Here’s how you do it:
First mix all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl until there are very little to no clumps of flour.
Next Scoop out 1 cup of the mix and add to small saucepan. Add a couple drops of red food coloring.
Turn the burner to medium and cook for 3 minutes total. Constantly stir and scrape the pot with a spatula.
Place on Parchment Paper. Repeat with Green food coloring and white (optional).
Store in baggies.
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Red, green, and white food coloring
- 1 spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- 1 saucepan
- Parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until there are very little to no clumps of flour
- Scoop out 1 cup of your mix and add it to a small saucepan
- Add in a couple drops of red food coloring and mix
- Turn your burner to medium, cook for 3 minutes total, constantly stirring and scraping the pot with a spatula (it starts as a thick mixture, turns clumpy, and then turns into a big dough ball)
- Place your playdough on a piece of parchment paper
- Repeat steps 2-5 with green food coloring and again with white (white food coloring is optional, you can go without and still have it turn out an off white color)
- Let your playdough cool and then have fun! Play the best friv games this website.